The purpose of Career Field Exploration is to allow the student to develop an understanding of professional agency operations, provide the opportunity to explore his/her career interests, and to develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to be a competitive candidate for Senior Internship and post graduation positions.
Prior to enrolling in PRM/TDM/NLN/CSM/PRM-TR 463 Senior Internship, all SCRD students are required to complete a total of 200 hours of paid or volunteer CFE experiences. Please Click HERE for a List of the Core Competencies. CFE Confirmation Form.
Career Field Exploration Guidelines
- An experience must be a minimum of 25 hours with one professional agency.
- A single experience can be a maximum of 50 hours with any one professional agency.
- A student may submit a maximum of 100 hours with one agency if the experience is in two separate positions (i.e. Hyatt Hotel, 50 hours front desk, 50 hours housekeeping). This would then be submitted as two separate experiences.
- With prior approval by Erin Schneiderman, an experience may be a maximum of 100 hours with one agency in a single position. Prior approval is required and may not always be granted.
- Without the prior approval as identified in item 4, the minimum number of agency experiences required is 3.
- The experience must be with an established agency related to the students degree program or certificate, or a related degree program within the School of Community Resources and Development. If the experience is not with an agency associated with his/her degree program or certificate, the core competencies developed must be associated with the student’s degree program.
- A student may gain a maximum of 25 CFE hours through an SCRD recognized student association if he/she holds an executive office (i.e. President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, etc.). Fraternities and Sororities are not SCRD recognized student associations.
- Unless authorized by Erin Schneiderman any experience that is a part of a course requirement cannot be used for CFE hours. In other words, you cannot double dip.
The CFE Form
should be submitted via canvas visit: https://canvas.asu.edu/courses/19453