Sign In / Sign Out
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
All students in the School of Community Resources and Development are required to complete a Senior Internship experience. The Senior Internship CSM/NLM/PRM/TDM 463 allows students to put theory to practice through a 12-week, 40 hours per week (fall, spring and summer semesters) professional experience with an approved agency.
For students pursuing the CNP, host organizations must hold 501(c)3 status.
1. The student must have completed a minimum of 200 Career Field Exploration hours prior to enrolling in CSM/NLM/PRM/TDM 463 Senior Internship.
2. The student must have successfully completed all program course requirements up to CSM/NLM/PRM/TDM 463 Senior Internship.
3. The student must secure an internship position with a professional agency related to his/her academic program or that requires use of competencies related to her/his academic program.
4. The internship responsibilities of the student should be representative of an entry-level professional position within the agency.
5. The student must submit all the required internship forms by the established deadlines.
6. All forms must be submitted together and be complete and accurate (follow directions). Please read the "Internship Requirements and Guidelines".
7. The student must be enrolled in CSM/NLM/PRM/TDM 463 Senior Internship.
1. The agency must provide an experience (paid or volunteer) that would be similar in responsibility to an entry-level professional position.
2. The agency must be able to provide the student with an experience that meets the duration and hourly requirements of the Senior Internship. Minimum requirements are 12-weeks, 40 hours per week. PRM-TR student minimum requirements are 14 weeks, 40 hours a week.
3. The agency must be willing to assign a qualified on-site Agency Internship Supervisor to work with the student. PRM-TR students must be assigned an on-site Agency Internship Supervisor with a current NCTRC certification.
4. The agency must be willing to sign the required documents (Student Educational Agreement and Student Placement Agreement).
5. The agency must provide an appropriate workspace and necessary resources (computer, phone, desk, chair, office supplies, etc.) for the student to fulfill the responsibilities of the student’s internship position.
6. The agency must provide the student with an appropriate period of orientation to the agency and its operation during the early part of the internship experience.
1. The Agency Internship Supervisor must be a full-time paid employee of the agency and be available to the student for the duration of the experience.
2. The Agency Internship Supervisor must have a minimum of a B.S or B.A. degree, and/or equivalent experience appropriate to the position held at the agency. For PRM-TR students the Agency Internship Supervisor must have a current NCTRC certification.
3. The Agency Internship Supervisor must have adequate experience with the Internship Agency to provide the Internship Student with the opportunity to strengthen his or her management and supervisory skills within the parameters of the student’s internship responsibilities.
4. The Agency Internship Supervisor must be able to communicate effectively with the Internship Student and the student’s Academic Internship Supervisor (English).
5. The Agency Internship Supervisor must be willing to meet with the Internship Student on a regular (weekly or bi-weekly) basis to discuss the Internship Student’s progress, strengths, and areas in need of development.
6. The Agency Internship Supervisor must be willing to complete and submit a mid-term evaluation to the student’s Academic Internship Supervisor as well as to meet with the student to discuss the evaluation. The mid-term evaluation form will be provided to the Agency Internship Supervisor by the student intern.
7. The Agency Internship Supervisor must be willing to complete and submit a final evaluation to the student’s Academic Internship Supervisor and make a final grade recommendation. The final evaluation form will be provided to the Agency Internship Supervisor by the student intern.
8. The Agency Internship Supervisor must be willing to verify that the student has completed the total number of required hours (480 hours) at the conclusion of the internship experience. PRM-TR student minimum requirements are 560 hours at the conclusion of the internship experience.